We had an issue with one of our Sage 100 labels in the warehouse today. One of the text fields would get too long and cover up certain text fields making it hard to read. The text was too long and it would move or grow from right to left. What we need is for the text to extend from left to right so it doesn’t cover up any predefined fields. In some cases, you might have to do both solutions, not just one or the other.
- Right-click on the field you want to stop extending the wrong way.
- When the text properties dialog box comes up make sure you click on Text Format in the left hand navigation.
- Then click on the tab for Effects
- Choose which way you want the box to extend when it gets large by changing the Reading Order dropdown value.
- Go to properties of the text field then go to Position.
- Change the Object Reference Point: Center Left