I took a SQL backup of my Magento 2.2 dev site before I did some testing. The testing didn’t go as planned so I tried the rollback feature from inside the Magento admin panel. The rollback process started, but then the page just went blank.
When I did a refresh the page said I was in maintenance mode. I decided to SSH into the AWS instance and see what was going on. The server seemed okay, but it was stuck in maintenance mode. I disable maintenance mode and decided to run the rollback from the terminal.
I could have built out the full url in the CSV, but I decided to just do it in the code. Below is the full python script.
#open import file
with open("c:\\csv\\files-to-download.csv", newline='', encoding='utf-8') as f:
#Assign the import file to the DictReader "reader"
reader = csv.DictReader(f)
#Now loop through all rows and build out variables
for row in reader:
filename = row['name']
print('Beginning file download with wget module')
url = 'http://www.example.com/images/'
wget.download(url + filename, 'c:\\csv\\images\\' + filename)
Enduser called complaining their mouse cursor was acting erratically when trying to print. The cursor was spinning and page size selection was flashing like it was being pressed multiple times. After a reboot, the problem remained. We did end up getting the document to print, but the spinning cursor would remain after printing.
Removing the network printer and adding it back fixed the issue. I did not change the drivers. This was a Ricoh C306Z.
I had all the necessary fields in my Magento product upload file, and the import would show no problems with the data check test. When I reviewed the import history page it said my import had 0 created, 0 updated, and 0 deleted. Nothing happened.
The CSV needed to be saved as UTC-8. In excel click File –> Save As –> Choose CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv)
This is a brief nontechnical overview for anyone wanting to know how I push our Sage inventory to one of our Shopify stores.
In the above image, we start with our on-premise Sage 100 and create a visual integrator (vi) job that exports out the SKUs, quantity available to ship, and retail pricing in a CSV format.
The vi job exports the CSV file to our internal FTP server that is automated to send the file at certain times to our public web server.
The web server just holds the file for a 3rd party Shopify app called Syncee to pick up and import into our Shopify store.
Syncee provides email notifications after each job has finished. This email contains details on how many products were updated and how many errors each job encountered.
Syncee is not a free app by no means, but it worth every penny from my perspective. Syncee plans are based on how many products you want to update and how many times a day you want to run the job.
The devs/support staff are great when you have problems and they will help you get things mapped out before you automate the jobs. After the job is scheduled there really isn’t much to it after that, just make sure you monitor your job status via the email notifications.
We deployed a new RDS server this week with Sage 100 2017 published as a RemoteApp. One of our remote sites called in and said it was taking an unusual amount of time for the windows to open. I remoted into their machine and walked through some normal operations of creating a sales order. The window to select a customer account seemed to be taking a long time to appear, but when I hovered over the icon in the taskbar it was showing the new window was already running. If you click on the area where the new window was supposed to be it would appear. The windows of the RemoteApp were not drawing to the screen. To the user, the window wasn’t appearing at all, but when the user got frustrated they would start clicking randomly and the window would finally appear.
Moving Azure AD Connect From Windows Server 2012 to 2016
Last week I stood up a new Windows Server 2016 domain controller as we prepared to decommission the older ones. One task I needed to complete was to migrate our Azure AD Connect software. I followed Paul Cunningham guide Migrating Azure AD Connect to a New Server. Everything went well and we did our testing to make sure that everything was pushing out to o365 and it was. The o365 admin portal was showing our new DC id under the ADD Connect Status. I thought all was well.