# php -v
This is a brief nontechnical overview for anyone wanting to know how I push our Sage inventory to one of our Shopify stores.
In the above image, we start with our on-premise Sage 100 and create a visual integrator (vi) job that exports out the SKUs, quantity available to ship, and retail pricing in a CSV format.
The vi job exports the CSV file to our internal FTP server that is automated to send the file at certain times to our public web server.
The web server just holds the file for a 3rd party
Syncee provides email notifications after each job has finished. This email contains details on how many products were updated and how many errors each job encountered.
Syncee is not a free app by no means, but it worth every penny from my perspective. Syncee plans are based on how many products you want to update and how many times a day you want to run the job.
The devs/support staff are great when you have problems and they will help you get things mapped out before you automate the jobs. After the job is scheduled there really isn’t much to it after that, just make sure you monitor your job status via the email notifications.
We deployed a new RDS server this week with Sage 100 2017 published as a RemoteApp. One of our remote sites called in and said it was taking an unusual amount of time for the windows to open. I remoted into their machine and walked through some normal operations of creating a sales order. The window to select a customer account seemed to be taking a long time to appear, but when I hovered over the icon in the taskbar it was showing the new window was already running. If you click on the area where the new window was supposed to be it would appear. The windows of the RemoteApp were not drawing to the screen. To the user, the window wasn’t appearing at all, but when the user got frustrated they would start clicking randomly and the window would finally appear.
Last week I stood up a new Windows Server 2016 domain controller as we prepared to decommission the older ones. One task I needed to complete was to migrate our Azure AD Connect software. I followed Paul Cunningham guide Migrating Azure AD Connect to a New Server. Everything went well and we did our testing to make sure that everything was pushing out to o365 and it was. The o365 admin portal was showing our new DC id under the ADD Connect Status. I thought all was well.
In my last post, I set up a simple S3 static website for the domain www.hiredatagram.com. The only problem is that the naked domain http://hiredatagram.com doesn’t resolve. In this post, I will show you how to redirect an S3 bucket (naked domain) to the S3 bucket that host the static website (www). We will not be using Godaddy for DNS hosting as they don’t support CNAME flattening. Cloudflare, however, does support CNAME flattening.
I ran into this problem earlier this week when our remote sites called in stating they couldn’t connect. We are running some windows server 2012 servers and we have published remote apps as well as full-blown remote sessions for our remote locations and mobile users. This affected windows 7, 8, and 10 clients.
When trying to connect to a windows server 2012 via RDP we received this error message:
An Authentication error has occurred.
The function requested is not supported.
This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation
We had an issue with one of our Sage 100 labels in the warehouse today. One of the text fields would get too long and cover up certain text fields making it hard to read. The text was too long and it would move or grow from right to left. What we need is for the text to extend from left to right so it doesn’t cover up any predefined fields. In some cases, you might have to do both solutions, not just one or the other. Continue reading
I’ve moved over to AWS and I’m running a fresh Amazon Linux 2 instance. I’ve got wordpress loaded and I try to crop an image for my theme’s header and I get “There has been an error cropping your image“.
After a little research, the obvious answer is to install php-gd and restart apache. This did NOT work for me. I did it about 5 times and checked my phpinfo to make sure php-gd was installed and it was.
After about an hour, I said I will restart the whole instance. That fixed it for me, still have no idea what service was causing the hang up.